As of 2015, Kerala has India’s highest per capita alcohol consumption at more than eight litres per person yearly.
Which state in India consumes most alcohol?
Uttar Pradesh highest consumer of alcohol in India, followed by West Bengal in second position: Study
- West Bengal ranked second after Uttar Pradesh in terms of absolute number of people who consume alcohol.
- The report found that India is one of the fastest growing markets for alcoholic beverages globally,
What state consumes most alcohol per capita?
Per capita alcohol consumption of all beverages in the U.S. by state 2019. New Hampshire is currently the state with the highest per capita alcohol consumption in the United States.
Who drinks most alcohol in India?
List of Top States in India based on Alcohol Consumption:
- Chhattisgarh: Chhattisgarh ranks top in alcohol consumption. …
- Punjab: Punjab also leads in the top position for alcohol consumption as well as alcohol abuse. …
- Andhra Pradesh: …
- Telangana: …
- Kerala: …
- Hyderabad: …
- Bangalore: …
Which state people consume more alcohol?
Punjab, Goa, Tripura, Chhattisgarh and Arunachal Pradesh rank high on alcohol consumption. However, Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of alcohol drinkers in India.
Which state has the best alcohol?
As a country, we drink an average of 2.35 gallons of alcohol per capita per year — which amounts to about 501 standard drinks annually.
Who has the highest alcohol consumption?
Here are the 10 countries with the most alcohol consumption:
- Germany (12.79 liters/year)
- Lithuania (12.78 liters/year)
- Ireland (12.75 liters/year)
- Spain (12.67 liters/year)
- Uganda (12.48 liters/year)
- Bulgaria (12.46 liters/year)
- Luxembourg (12.45 liters/year)
- Romania (12.34 liters/year)
What City drinks the most alcohol?
The drunkest city in the United States is Green Bay, Wisconsin. Approximately 26.5% of adults drink to excess. 50.5% of driving deaths in Green Bay involve alcohol.
What state drinks the most alcohol 2021?
The Drunkest States in America for 2021, Ranked
- North Dakota.
Is Gujarat really a dry state?
Gujarat has a sumptuary law in force that proscribes the manufacture, storage, sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. … Gujarat is the only Indian state with a death penalty for the manufacture and sale of homemade liquor that results in fatalities.
Which states in India is alcohol banned?
Which are the dry states in India? Alcohol sale and consumption is totally banned in Bihar, Gujarat, Tripura, Lakshadweep, Mizoram, and Nagaland. It is also banned partially in some districts of Manipur.
Do Tamils drink alcohol?
A recent survey suggests that Tamil Nadu is home to 1.32 crore alcoholics (70 lakh of whom drink everyday), and that daily drinkers spend Rs 6,552 (on average) every month on liquour. Almost three-quarters of the state’s alcoholics do not have to travel further than a kilometer to find a TASMAC store.