Both Western Union and MoneyGram are available in India and Nigeria as well as in many other places across the world. It only takes a couple of minutes to send and receive cash via these methods. You can also try a different international service provider.
How can I send money from India to Nigeria through MoneyGram?
Method 2: Send money through MoneyGram
- Find an agent office in India closest to you and visit it.
- Take the money along with your documents. …
- You’ll have to complete a ‘send money’ form. …
- You will know a tracking number (special code) which you have to provide to money recipient.
How can I send money from India to Nigeria?
How to send money to Nigeria in 3 easy steps
- Start your transfer. Pay in INR with your debit card or credit card, or send the money from your online banking.
- Get the best rate out there. Wise always gives you the real and fair mid-market exchange rate.
- Money is locally delivered.
Can someone from India send money to Nigeria?
To send money to Nigeria, request a telegraphic transfer or direct debit from your bank or sign up for a free account with one of the money transfer companies on this page. Banks provide the INR to NGN exchange rate when you request an international payment from online banking.
Can we send money from India via MoneyGram?
You can send money using the MoneyGram website from your computer, or you can head down to the MoneyGram agent location near you. Currently, it is not possible to send money internationally from India with MoneyGram.
Which bank in Nigeria uses MoneyGram?
For every Dollar sent to you from anywhere in the world via MoneyGram, you will receive N5 more into your GTBank account or over the counter at any GTBank branch nationwide. MoneyGram ADMT service is a payment service that enables MoneyGram customers abroad send money to beneficiaries in Nigeria.
How much is MoneyGram to naira?
Moneygram Exchange Rates
How can I use MoneyGram in Nigeria?
How receive money in person at a MoneyGram agent location in Nigeria
- Find a location. Find a MoneyGram agent location in Nigeria.
- Complete the form, if applicable. If required, complete a simple receive form entering the reference number given to you by the sender.
- Receive your funds.
How can I send money from India to Nigeria through Western Union?
Online money transfer in 4 steps
- Log in. Don’t have a profile? Learn more.
- Start your transfer. Enter the destination country. …
- Enter your receiver’s details. You’ll need your receiver’s bank details: bank name, code, and account number1. …
- Pay and hit send. Make sure to check your details before hitting send.
Can Indian send money to another country?
Sending money from India to any other country, known as an outward remittance, involves a high amount of government restrictions, and tight control of foreign exchange. … You will need to choose a method of remittance, and make sure that your transaction meets any regulations it is subject to.
What is the easiest way to send money to Nigeria?
If you want to send money to a bank account in Nigeria, we recommend using a specialist currency provider. If you’re transferring under $300 or equivalent, your best options include WorldRemit, TransferWise, Xoom or MoneyGram.
Is it illegal to send money to Nigeria?
Yes. Following November 2020 decision by the central bank, money transfer operators sending money into Nigeria were heavily restricted and only permitted to issue remittances to the country in US dollars. Since then, only a small number of operators are authorised to handle transfers to Nigeria.
How do I transfer money to a Nigerian bank account?
You can send money to a Nigerian bank account in three simple steps.
- Select the type of service you want. You can choose a money transfer to the recipient’s bank account, or an airtime top up. …
- Tell us where you want the money to go. …
- Tell us whether you want to pay with your debit card or ACH, and provide the details.
Is MoneyGram app available in India?
With MoneyGram you can only receive money in India. However, if you are sending from other counties, we offer fast, options. Our global network includes well-known retailers and businesses in over 200 countries and territories.
How can I send money abroad from India?
Best ways to transfer money internationally
- Bank Drafts and Cashier’s Checks. Bank Drafts and Cashier’s Cheques are available at various bank outlets across the country. …
- International Money Order/ Offline Money Transfer. …
- Online Money Transfer. …
- Online Wire Transfer.
How much is MoneyGram sending fee?
MoneyGram fees range from $1.99 if no debit or credit card is used. Xoom charges $5.99 for transactions up to $999, and $9.99 for transactions over that amount. Online platforms aren’t the only way to transfer money and you can turn to other more affordable options.